Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sneaky Manatees


This morning I got to fed Twiggy alone. She is so cute and I could sit with her all day.  She loves to just hang out and hold out to you after your done feeding her.  It started raining pretty hard so we were stuck inside for most of the morning, but it cleared up pretty quickly. I went back out on the boat to take Twiggy out to the island, but first we had to find Twiggy. We searched the shore and several close islands and eventually the far island but she was nowhere in sight. After searching for two and a half hours we decided to come back for lunch and guess who was waiting for us near the boat dock – Twiggy! Paul and Zoe came back after lunch so we had to catch Duke for another feed. He’s getting really sneaky recently. It took us four tries and nine people to catch him! He’s obviously improving if he’s sneaking past us and he’s looking better too. More monkeys are arriving soon so I helped set up some more cages for them. I had another Twiggy feed in the afternoon. It’s three volunteers last day so we’re having mac and cheese for dinner! We’re all pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...