Friday, July 27, 2012

Sad Twiggy


Twiggy wouldn’t go out this morning so we kept her in for observation. Zoe said she felt a little underweight, so we gave her a sea grass frame and then had to replace it every half hour. We spent a lot of time peeling sea grass! We ran out pretty quickly since she was eating so fast, so we had to take the boat out to collect some sea grass. The boat we use is basically a wooden canoe and apparently a lot of people don’t know how to canoe. We kept zigzagging instead of staying in a straight line and had a lot of trouble turning. I tried to explain how to steer from the back but no one really understood. We eventually found a patch of sea grass and then spent the next hour and a half picking sea grass. We all got a little sunburnt but we got a large supply of sea grass. After lunch, we had another Duke feed. He only snuck out once this time and his condition is continuing to improve. More monkey volunteers are leaving tomorrow, so I start helping with all monkey feeds tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...