Saturday, July 7, 2012

Karatu Market

We are finally officially done with all our academic responsibilities!! After having the morning off yesterday, a lion research came and gave a lecture, which was really interesting. We had another birthday and the staff performed two traditional celebratory dances from the local tribes. It was really interesting but also really funny because they only prepared it about a minute before performing and it involved jumping while holding pine branches. Today we had to present our poster to two of our professors, but that was the last of the our academic assignments. After lunch we went to the large monthly market held on the seventh. It was a large field with hundreds of vendors, but mostly clothing and livestock. We found some pretty fabric, but I didn't buy any since I'm leaving so soon. I've started packing, which is sad but I'm also ready to move on to my next adventure for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...