Monday, July 9, 2012

Last Day

My incredibly amazing whirlwind month in Tanzania came to an end today. I cannot even begin to describe what an experience it has been. I have loved every second of it and I'm headed back to the US with zero complaints. We had a debriefing about the entire program today and at the end the staff went around and said their goodbyes and thank yous to us. It was so touching. If it wasn't for the staff here the experience would not have been as great. I had heard great things about all the staff but I never imagined becoming this close with them. We had the rest of the day to pack, play soccer and just enjoy our last day in Tanzania. After dinner we celebrated a few birthdays that are coming up and watched a slideshow of our month here. We also thanked the staff for being so incredible and gifted them all our class t-shirts, which they loved. They all put them on right away and took a bunch of pictures with us. I have never met such an amazing, generous, friendly group of people. I'm very sad to be leaving tomorrow but I know I will be back one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...