Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Healthy Duke!

I fed Spartacus and Kofie again this morning. Spartacus wasn't fully awake, so he wasn't very crazy. I went back out to the pre-release cage at the 10:30 feed. Livvy was on my shoulders right away again. Nicky was actually coming up to me and after a little while he licked my nose! It was adorable! After that, he just wanted to cuddle and was lying on my arm and just hanging out. Sultan was his usual crazy self, swinging every where and wanting me to swing him around. While we were waiting for lunch, Si chopped up a coconut so we could try it. It tastes so different from the shaved coconut. It was really oily. I didn't like it too much. I fed Paz in the afternoon. He actually wasn't completely antisocial and was throwing himself around his cage. He still didn't really want to interact with me though. Duke is feeling a lot better and he ate four frames of sea grass today, so we had a busy day keeping up with peeling sea grass and filling the frames for him. His feed went well and he's continuing to look better. After Duke's feed was finished it was time to feed Twiggy. She's adorable and I miss feeding her a bottle. She just hugs your legs and doesn't want to leave you. The monkeys are coming tomorrow - I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...