Thursday, July 26, 2012

Monkey Milk Mustaches

We had another Duke feed yesterday morning. We're getting better at catching him. We only had seven people and it only took us one try! He's continuing to improve but he still isn't eating sea grass. Three monkey volunteers left, so I helped with three of the feeds. At 10:30, I fed the single howler monkey who is getting introduced to another after she is out of quarantine later this week. He's pretty laid back and wasn't really interested in me after I brought his fruit. I fed Spartacus and his adoptive mother at 2:30 and 4:30. Spartacus is kind of crazy and wants his browse as soon as you enter the enclosure. They all receive milk at 4:30 and he kept trying to steal all the milk from me. I also had to feed Twiggy in the afternoon. She left a tiny bit in her bottle for the morning feed, but she only ate two thirds of her bottle in the afternoon and she was acting strange. We're going to check on her today to make sure she feels alright. Tanning Club had another session this afternoon and another volunteer said I look really tan so hopefully that's true! I still have a pretty terrible shorts tan line I need to get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...