Sunday, June 10, 2012

AFRICA!!

I've finally made it! I'm currently waiting in Nairobi airport until our flight to Tanzania. I'm so exhausted but also very excited to be in Africa. It currently doesn't look that different from any other country except for how hot the airport is, but I was warned about that fact. The flight from Chicago to London was pretty nice, had good food but unfortunately no movies. The crew nicely tried to fix our screens several times, but it never worked. Yesterday Lisa and I had some trouble finding the rest of the group but right after we gave up we ran into 5 other girls heading into London. We hopped on the Piccadilly Line to London, got off and grabbed a quick lunch at a little restaurant (unfortunately not a pub).

Then we headed over to Westminster Abbey, saw the London Eye, 10 Downing St. Some of the group wanted to try and ride the London Eye but we discovered we did not have the time or the money so we went off to King's Cross to see Platform 9 3/4. After being completely exhausted, we headed back to the airport to catch our flight to Nairobi. I was determined to stay up to eat dinner, but it took them four hours for them to serve us dinner so I had a lot of trouble sleeping after that. I'm definitely looking forward to sleeping in a real bed tonight. Almost to my final destination so I'll finally be done with traveling!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh... no movies!! That sucks, but sounds like you made up for it in London. Maybe if you were wearing your shirts, you would have found the group faster ;) Can't wait to hear about your first few days on the ground. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...