Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Aftermath

Ernesto was still here this morning and the wind got pretty strong. We fed Twiggy but the water level was really high, so it was difficult to walk the wall to get the frame out of the water. It felt like you were going to fall in constantly! After we fed the monkeys in the morning, we moved them back out to their cages since most of the storm had passed and they were feeling really stressed. Twiggy was constantly eating the frames, so we had to continuously change the frames, which was pretty exhausting. It was another soggy day and I was soaked until late afternoon. All the volunteers that evacuated came back in the afternoon and helped us with the Duke feed. The water was pretty cold and really high, so it was difficult and he struggled quite a bit but we got him out eventually. I'm glad Ernesto has passed through and I hoping tomorrow is a nice and sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brazil Reflections

Recently in my zoo career, I've been left wondering how big an impact I have on animal conservation. I know I form relationships with a...